Validation is a transformational tool for all your relationships!
Not many of us were truly validated as growing up so it can take some intention and practice to utilize this tool. But it's so worth the effort!
In this 4-week course, Anna Brown and Pam Laricchia discuss what validation means, what it looks like in different scenarios, explore different ways to validate—including non-verbal validation—and how validation strengthens our connections.
Packed with paradigm shifts and real-world examples, this course will this tool make sense and become one you can reach for easily!
This course is based on a monthly theme of the same name in the Living Joyfully Network. It consists of the four weekly focus calls between Pam and Anna, each discussing a particular aspect of the theme, plus the weekly question we share to encourage members to think about it through the unique lens of their experiences and family.
Here's how we'll help you learn the transformational skill of validation:
1. Through Their Eyes: The first step of validation is seeing the situation through the other person’s eyes, letting go of our agenda to lean in and truly understand another perspective.
2. Non-Verbal Validation: Validation isn’t just about the words we say, it’s about showing up in ways that support the individuals involved. Our energy and actions can speak louder than words as we help the people in our life feel heard.
3. Validating Big Ideas: Validation isn’t just a tool in times of upset. It’s an incredible tool for connection in everyday moments. When our loved ones share their ideas and dreams, how do we show up?
4. Bids for Connection: The idea of bids for connection came from the Gottmans and it’s such a helpful lens to understand behaviors and the needs behind them.
5. Bring It All Together: Now it’s time to start putting this valuable tool into practice!
Each lesson also includes a question to help you more deeply process the topic and what it looks like for you—because we are all different people. We encourage you to spend time with the question to move beyond an intellectual understanding of the ideas and get a feel for what they look and feel like for you in practice.
Validation is an amazing tool for building understanding and connection in our most important relationships.
Join us today to explore the possibilities!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
When you purchase the Validation course, you will receive each lesson through email, one lesson per week. You will receive the first lesson the same day you purchase the course, the second lesson seven days later, and so on.
You will also receive links to download both ebook/PDF and audiobook editions of the course, great for those who want to quickly immerse themselves in information they're super curious about. You might find your sweet spot is a combo of reading the ebook or listening to the audiobook and then using the weekly emails as great reminders to dive deeper and focus on the question.
All the content is yours to keep forever, so please take this course at your own pace. If life gets busy, don’t beat yourself up. But don’t miss out on understanding this important tool, just jump back in as time allows! However it weaves into your life, we think you’ll find validation to be a tool that improves communication and connection in all of your relationships.
WHO ARE ANNA AND PAM?
Anna worked for several years with families in crisis before turning her attention to helping parents build better relationships with their children and partners. She has been doing that amazing work for over twenty years. Currently, she works in a private practice helping couples and families move through conflicts and create an environment of collaboration and growth. She doesn't believe relationships have to be hard; she thinks they enhance our joy as we move through this life.
Pam has long been fascinated by how human beings tick and what it means to be in relationship with the people in her life. Over the last fifteen years, she's helped many people cultivate strong, connected, and trusting relationships with their children and partner while navigating the day to day challenges and conflicts of life.